Our roots run deep in this community. We started in Skagit County and we are the only community bank that is headquartered in Skagit. Local ownership means we have a vested interest in seeing our community succeed.
That means we go above and beyond other banks. Using knowledge and expertise, our mission is to bring long-term success to our clients and our community. Whether you own a business, a home, or a dog, we are equal opportunity advocates, helpers, and champions of our clients. And whether you need assistance with your retirement, a new boat, your business, or just a good checking account, we are determined to help improve your life.
That means service with a smile. Convenient branches. Empathetic bankers. Plus, a commitment to keep bank funds local to help further the needs of the local economy.
When other banks are closing branches and forcing their customers online, we are opening branches—SaviBank understands how much a community relies on its local branches; from businesses handling their deposits and obtaining cash supplies, to economic development, to residents who prefer to bank in-person.
Be the best community bank in the areas we serve.
- Provide a profitable return to our shareholders and develop marketability and liquidity in our stock. Become the place to invest.
- Meet the needs of our customers and establish long term customer relationships. Become the place to bank.
- Provide stable employment, fair compensation, and career paths for our employees with opportunities for upward mobility and ownership. Become the place to work.
- Be a source of financial strength, support for and involvement in our communities. Become the place to support the community.
- Be a safe and sound financial institution with positive relationships with our regulators. Become a bank with high CAMELS ratings.
- Honesty in all we do.
- Integrity in all our dealings.
- Respect for all with whom we work and do business.
- Collaboration/Communication—Positively working together to achieve common goals.
We first opened as Business Bank, serving the Skagit Valley Community on April 11, 2005. 270 shareholders invested in the idea of a locally owned community bank that would serve local businesses and professionals.
The Burlington Branch was the first to open and was the corporate headquarters for the company until 2019 when the branch was relocated. The corporate headquarters is now located at the Blackburn Branch in Mount Vernon.
The Burlington Branch was opened
The Bellingham Branch was opened.
The Mount Vernon branch opened in a temporary building while construction took place next door for a permanent location. The new building was completed and opened in fall of 2008.
The Anacortes Loan Center was opened.
The Oak Harbor Loan Center was opened.
Business Bank officially changed its name to SaviBank. Along with a new logo featuring an owl, the new name symbolizes our mission to use our knowledge to provide savvy guidance to our customers.
The Freeland Loan Production Office was opened.
The Oak Harbor Full-Service Branch was opened.
The Freeland Full-Service Branch was opened.
Bellingham branch was relocated.
The Mount Vernon College Way Branch was opened.
The Sedro-Woolley Branch was opened.
The Burlington Branch was relocated.
The Oak Harbor Branch was relocated.
The Anacortes Full-Service Branch was opened.
The Concrete Branch was opened.
Acquired the Coastal Community Bank Branch in Freeland and relocated our Freeland branch to that location.
The Friday Harbor Loan Production Office was opened.
The Olympia Loan Production Office was opened.
The Friday Harbor Full-Service Branch was opened.
The Orcas Island Loan Production Office was opened.